Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Day  10 – Talk about a Latino Musician in pop music

This will be a short post.

I like JLo. There I said. I think she's pretty. She's made some catchy tunes I wish didnt stick in my mind so often. Her movies are pretty bad but they are good enough to veg out to.

However - I don't respect her as an artist, and definitely not as a Latina. I think she's sold out a little too much over the years to gain any respect from me. In fact there was an article in the Daily News today talking about her - http://bit.ly/90g69l - basically saying she has never given back to a school she attending that even her mother worked at. Frankly, maybe they treated her or her mother not so nicely - so why would she give back? However, this is one of the many news stories that come out about JLo saying she doesn't give back to where she comes from. Which wouldn't be a big deal if she didn't rep the Bronx and being Puerto Rican so hard.

Lets talk about her marriage to Marc Anthony. Everyone knew you two were in love way back when. Seems you're late to the party huh?

Overall, she is Latina, so for me - I should support her when she does good, but I definitely feel ashamed when she doesn't.

I do wish her wish on Idol, but I'd probably tune in to see Steven Tyler more. Just being honest!

Thanks all!
Z

No comments: