Day 15 – Latinos in Movies
Movies are pretty great ... I am one of those people who can watch a movie over and over again, especially if I love the movie. I have the privledge of getting to watch many movies courtesy of my sister's Netflix and we make it a point to watch movies by Latino directors and Latino actors.
A few of my go to movies:
Y Tu Mama Tambien
Amores Perros
Maria Full Of Grace
Motorcycle Diaries
This last one was particularly close to my heart. This is a movie about a young Che Guevara and how his trip around South American defined who he was going to be as an adult. I saw this when it was still an independent film at the Wescott Theatre in Syracuse with my housemates at the time. Such a great movie and can really attest to how much he wanted to feel connected to the people he eventually dedicated his life to helping.
Hope you enjoy these movies as much as I do!
Z




No comments:
Post a Comment