I often get jealous of people I see walking around Salvador (Brazil not El Salvador the country for those not paying attention) jamming to their music listening to their iPods. Mainly because I don't feel comfortable enough to walk around here with headphones on... I rarely have headphones on both ears even at home. Though its not recommended, I did go to the mall all by myself this week in the afternoon and it was so nice to get to linger and the freedom to dawdle at every store.
However, some stores were playing some music and I can't even tell you how much I loved hearing that music. It's such a part of my everyday life. Here, unfortunately I don't have that luxury because my phone takes more energy here on WiFi and takes twice as long to charge than at home. But its nice to be unplugged anyway. At the mall though, I was walking through a store with some volunteers and Bad Romance started playing and I realized how much I missed English pop music and my morning show on z100 and just generally being able to say and do whatever I want without the fear of a language barrier or being lost in translation.
Of course there is always Tuesday night at Pelourinho... Man that was amazing! They are the very definition of dancing in the street. So I certainly haven't forgotten about all of the kick ass music in Brazil. Including the
capoeira class we had yesterday that I totally want to keep taking when I get back to New York! One hour of that and my rear was sore just 2 hours later! That's a work out (and defense technique) I'd love to continue!
This weekend I'm off to Morro de Bahia - a lively tourist destination that will be a welcomed time of rest, relaxation and hot showers at any time of day! More to come!
- Zulay
No comments:
Post a Comment